The Instructional Management Section aims to:
Provide technical support in the full implementation of the articulated basic education curriculum for a subject area and the development of learning resource materials to suit the conditions and context of the locality.
Provide technical assistance to the Schools in curriculum implementation, instructional supervision and learning materials development and quality assurance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
I. On MANAGEMENT OF CURRICULUM IMPLEMENTATION
1. Conduct periodic monitoring and evaluation and submit recommendations towards enhancing the management and delivery of the basic education curriculum.
2. Develop together with School M&E the mechanisms, processes and tools for monitoring, curriculum implementation and articulation (including vertical and horizontal integration) in the schools division to gauge adherence to standards while implementing innovations.
3. Submit (together with School M&E) Progress Monitoring Report of Schools Division Curriculum Implementation and Management per Subject area.
4. Submit (together with School M&E) Evaluation Results of Division Curriculum implementation and submit policy recommendations towards improvement.
5. Conduct evaluation of Schools Division Instructional Supervision Plan Implementation and submit policy recommendations towards process improvement.
6. Develop and implement advocacy programs and materials on the basic education curriculum to enhance appreciation and support from stakeholders.
7. Develop and submit Concept Papers and Project designs and proposals for curriculum enhancement and innovation.
II. On CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT, ENRICHMENT, and LOCALIZATION
1. Develop training designs, modules and materials to localize, indigenize, and contextualize competencies in the curriculum per subject area for use of the schools division.
2. Develop (with School M&E) processes and tools for monitoring the localized and indigenized curriculum implementation to get feedback on effectiveness.
3. Submits reports and findings on curriculum innovations and localization by schools division for appropriate management action.
4. Conduct research on Curriculum Localization to widen the pool of knowledge and application to the region.